1. Age group: The minimum age to do the trek is 14 years. If you wish children below 14 to do the trek please talk to us before registration.There is no upper age limit. Fitness is the only criteria. There are usually 10-15 members in a trek group.
2. Payment: Payment for the trek can be done through online transfer/cheque/BHIM UPI (9159036200@upi/Googlepay (parashert@okicici). Please mention your preferred mode of payment when booking a trek. The cheque can be sent in the name of Roads and Journeys to our office at 34, Sooriyagandhi Nagar, Pondicherry-605003. You can also do a bank transfer in the following account:
- Name: Roads and Journeys
- Bank: STATE BANK OF INDIA. Easwaran Koil Street, SV Complex, First Floor, PUDUCHERRY)
- Account no: 36114420501
- IFSC Code: SBIN0070601
3. Cancellation: In case of cancellation, please send an email to email@example.com. Cancellation requests are not taken over the phone. Cancellation refunds will be made to the same bank/credit card account from which the payment has been made.
The cancellation charges are as under:
- Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek – full refund
- Cancellation between 30 – 20 days to the start of the trek – 50% refund
- Cancellation less than 20 days to the start of the trek – no refund
NOTE: There will be a deduction of 10% towards bank charges on all refunds. Roads & Journeys has the final word on refund policy.
4. Calling off a trek: If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity (such as rains earthquake, landslides) or man made issues (strikes/curfews), we understand. Incidental expenditure incurred (maximum 10%) will be deducted and the balance will be refunded.
5. No show on a trek: If for any reason a participant does not turn up for the trek without intimation, it is seen as a cancellation. The usual cancellation rules apply.
6. Backpack carrying: All trekkers are expected to carry their own backpacks. The backpack should not weigh more than 8 kgs. If for any reason a trekker decides to offload the backpack after reaching the base camp, the cost of offloading is Rs 500 per backpack per day. Offloading is when you opt for a porter to carry your bag. Offload bag should not weigh more than 8 kgs.
NOTE: The amount to be paid for backpack offloading is for the entire duration of the trek. There are no partial payments.
7. Fitness: As mentioned earlier, it is extremely important that you are physically fit for a trek. If for any reason we see that you are having difficulties on the trek, you will be asked to discontinue the trek. It is for your well being, so we request you to understand the importance and not to push yourself beyond your limits.
8. Disclaimer: Roads & Journeys is not responsible for any loss/damage of any of your belongings on the trek.
10. The trek dates are liable to change in case of non viability or hostile weather conditions.
11. The trek fee mentioned on the website is for minumum of 10 people and above. Customised packages are available for less number of trekkers.
If you have any doubts, please drop us a message or call us
- Vegetarian Food
- Forest Camping Charges
- Stay at base-camps
- Services of a Trek Leader