Nestled in the Nainital District is a sleepy village of Hartola. Close to the touristy town of Mukteshwar, Hartola offers you some incredible experiences such as nature walks, short treks, hikes to waterfalls, harvesting of fresh fruits and vegetables and 180 degrees views of the Himalayas which include peaks such as Nanda Devi, Nanada Kot, Nanda Ghunti, Panchchuli and Trishul.
Hartola can be visited all year round and Some of the activities one can do here are:
- Bird watching and wildlife spotting
- Forest walks
- Village visits to discover the Kumaoni culture and folklore
- A quiet spot for yoga and meditation
- An ideal destination to begin a life of a trekker
At Roads and Journeys we offer you a pleasant stay at Hartola for a relaxed vacation ideal for Families, Kids, Couples and Elderly.
- As per demand
- Duration: 6 Days
- Day time: 5°C to 15°C
- Morning/night: -5°C to 5°C
- Grade: Easy
- Altitude: 7,000 ft
- Per person: ₹12, 000.00
- Arrive at Hartola
- Travel time around 2 – 3 Hrs. from Kathgodam railway station
- Short hike to the local Temple and Proceed to Mukteshwar.
- Hike to the Dhokane Waterfall
- 2 hours one way and back by lunch.
- Relax at home stay
- Drive to Dhari Waterfall
- 1 Hr drive and half an hour hike
- Return by late afternoon
- Spend the day today in the orchards and harvest the local fruits and vegetables.
Depart after Breakfast
1. Stay: Stay at kathgodam on the last day of the program is not included in the tour fee.
2. Transport: Transport from kathgodam to kathgodam can be arranged by us at an extra cost. Transport is arranged in Sumo kind of vehicles. A vehicle carries 5-7 people. Sometimes the number of people in a vehicle can be even 4 or 8. Participants are expected to share the cost likewise. The amount is to be paid directly to our transporter. No service tax is applicable on transport cost. Roads & Journeys only arranges the vehicle pick up and is not responsible for any issues during transport.
3. Pick-up: Participants are picked up from the kathgodam Railway Station. Most participants opt for the Roads & Journeys pick up and we assume the same in your case. In case you do not want the Roads & Journeys pick up you will have to make your own travel arrangements.